The WCA website will be unavailable from 12:30 p.m. Saturday, October 8 until 8 a.m. Sunday, October 9. We apologize for any inconvenience.
WCA Offices Closed October 10
All NMWCA offices will be closed Monday, October 10 in observance of Indigenous Peoples' Day. Normal hours will resume Tuesday, October 11. As a reminder, there will be no lump-sum hearings on Friday, October 14.
No Lump-Sum Hearings on Holiday Weeks
There will be no lump-sum hearings held on holiday weeks. In 2022, there will be no lump-sum hearings on the following dates:
Friday, January 21
Friday, June 3
Friday, June 24
Friday, July 8
Friday, September 9
Friday, October 14
Friday, November 11
Friday, November 25
Friday, December 30
Promulgation of NMWCA Rules: Internal Timeline
The WCA is conducting a review of existing New Mexico WCA Rules. All stakeholders and the general public will have input at all material stages of this process.
The timeline below is subject to change, but provides a general idea of the process and outline of steps.
Through January 31, 2022: Solicit internal (WCA) recommendations from all bureaus of recommended Rule changes.
- By March 1, 2022: Transmit an email to outside community to solicit input on their suggested Rule changes.
- April 15, 2022: Transmit draft of Rule changes to general public.
- May 16, 2022: Schedule a Zoom meeting to receive general public input on draft Rules.
- June 30, 2022: WCA Office of General Counsel to prepare final draft of rules.
- July 15, 2022: Schedule a Zoom meeting to receive general public input on final draft of Rules.
- August 31, 2022: WCA Office of General Counsel to finalize Rules.
- September 1, 2022: Initiate formal Rule change in accordance with law.
As with any timeline, this is subject to change as circumstances require.
For questions, contact Robert Doucette, Director, at Robert.Doucette@state.nm.us,, or at 505-841-6007.
Get NMWCA Updates
Want current information on workers’ compensation for New Mexico? Interested in upcoming agency events, legislative changes, and rule revisions? If so, subscribe to our external newsletter today. The Quarterly Bulletin contains the latest news, updates, and event notices, and provides in-depth articles on workers' compensation in New Mexico. Find it in Publications.
To be notified of announcements and updates, email Diana.Sandoval@state.nm.us and request to be put on the notification list.
Public Information Office
For questions on news, announcements, or the Advisory Council, contact Public Information Officer Diana Sandoval-Tapia at (505) 841-6052 or email Diana Sandoval-Tapia.